Friday, February 12, 2016

Bella Cup Review

Today I will be reviewing the Bella Cup. To learn more about menstrual cups in general click here. The Bella Cup is made in Korea out of 100% medial grade silicone. So unlike tampons and pads the Bella Cup contains no strings, bleach, fibers, absorbency enhances, phthalates, latex, plastic, PVC, acrylic, acrylate, BPA, elastomer, polyethylene, perfumes and free of dyes. Because of this the Bella Cup is so much better for your body. The Bella cup can be reused for up to 5 years and saves 1000's of tampons and pads from going into our landfills, sewer systems and waterways. The Bella Cup is great for ladies with heavy flows or ladies who need to go longer between changes like teachers and nurses because it can be worn for up to 12 hours an hold three times more than a super tampon. 

The Bella Cup is one single piece of silicone so it is very smooth and has no seams along the cup.

The stem is sturdy but flexible, it looks like bubbles stacked on top of each other.

The cup has Bella written on the inside of it


and has the size letter on the other side .


 The base of the cup has two frosted looking circles where the grips normally are but they are not raised and feel no different than the rest of them cup. The cup is very soft and provides some grip on its own so having no ring grips didn't pose any problems when it came to removal.


The Bella Cup comes in two sizes:
Small - Diameter 41mm length 48.1mm capacity 20ml
large - Diameter 45.5mm length 53.1mm capacity 30ml

My order


I requested the large Bella Cup as I am a mommy of two little ones and use large cups in other brands.

The Bella Cup is only .5mm wider in diameter than the Sckooncup and 3.1mm longer but is a lot softer as seen here.


It is 1.5 mm wider than the MeLuna large and 2.1mm longer but again much much softer.


I used this cup on my two heavy day of this cycle and it worked very well. I used the punch down fold to insert the cup as I do with most cups. But there are many other folds you can try like the 7 fold and the c fold.


 It inserted easily and I didn't have any issues getting it to open even though it is a very soft cup. I had to remove the cup and trim the stem some ( most women find they need to trim the stem on menstrual cups to achieve the perfect length for their body. This is completely normal and even recommended on the Bella cups website if the stem is causing you discomfort ) . Once reinserted with the trimmed stem the cup was very comfortable. Because it is so soft it molded to my body very nicely and didn't cause any presser or cramps. I was able to wear the cup for 7 hours with no leaks which is along time for me on a heavy day. They can be worn up to 12 on lighter days. So I would say that the capacity is very nice. Removal was very simple and easy. I reached in and broke the seal and walked the cup down and out. Again the cup is very soft so there was no pain or issues with removing the cup.


The cup is very reasonably priced at 21.99 Euros or 29.73 US dollars. This includes shipping world wide which is great because shipping can sometimes be very pricey. My cup came in about 2 weeks or 10 business day which is the average for most overseas orders. It was very nicely packaged in a small box and was received in perfect condition.

Over all I really like the Bella cup. It has very nice capacity and is very soft. I would recommend this cup to anyone looking to try a softer cup or anyone in general looking for a nice menstrual cup.

I want to say thank you to The Bella Cup company for providing me with a sample to try and review. I was not paid for this review nor required to write a positive review. The thoughts posted on the Bella Cup are all my own .




No comments:

Post a Comment